Sunday, February 12, 2012

12wbt Round 1 2012

My blogging during round 3 last year never really happened. Oops, my bad. I will try my best to blog more this round as I'm now on the home stretch of my cert 4 and won't start the diploma until mid year.

I didn't get to achieve as much as I wanted to last round, for instance I never made it to any Perth Crew events. They were always on at the wrong times for me and majority of the events were too far for me to travel.

So not too long ago, I noticed a smaller group pop up on the Perth Crew page for 12wbters who are local to me. We ended up calling ourselves the Ghetto Crew and so far it's been a godsend! The round doesn't start until tomorrow and I've already been to a handful of events.



This morning saw an early (7am) gathering for the 12wbt fitness test. Quite a few turned up and I would have to say that I was a little nervous. I can't remember the last time I actually ran in front of people, I even send my hubby away if I'm running on the treadmill at home. So it was quite nerve racking, but a lovely lady got me going and I jogged on and off most of the way. I think I managed 250 metres off the bat without having to walk and it wasn't my legs that made me stop, it was trying to catch my breath!!

My stats for the beginning of this round are:

Weight: 84.2kg
Chest: 100cm
Waist: 94cm
Hips: 114cm

1km run: 7 minutes 27 seconds
Push ups (on knees): 34
Sit up: Level 3
Sit and reach: -4cm
Wall sit: 1 minute 14 seconds

There has been some huge improvements there considering the last fitness test I did it took me 11 minutes to run 1km.

With these results today it means....I've graduated to the intermediate group! Say what?! I wasn't expecting that but I guess the pole dancing classes have helped bring my fitness up since last round.

Tomorrow we get stuck into it, I've looked at the exercise plans for the intermediates and it looks fine (shame I printed off 130 odd pages of beginners before I found out I've moved up one!). My food is organised and I am ready to smash the next 12 weeks!!




No comments:

Post a Comment