Friday, February 17, 2012

12WBT Blogger Challenge Week 1: Introduction


So Whirlsie at Nutritionally Yours has put a call out for people to participate in the 12wbt Blogger Challenge. I'm really excited to participate and just what I need to stay on track with my blogging during this round.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.  What makes you, you? My name is Tracey and I am a busy mum of 5. I landed my dream job almost a year ago and loving it, I also study as well (cert 4 in HR with plans to complete my Diploma later this year and then onto my Associate Degree in Business next year).

I am super disorganised. I laugh...a lot! I tend to have a million projects going at the same time. I love love love going to pole dancing classes. I love to meet new people. My house is always messy(hello, I have 5 kids). My kids are the best thing that ever happened to me. I've been used and abused in the past and I came out on top a stronger and more independent woman. I am addicted to facebook. My code name at work is Cupcake Queen (because I make the yummiest cupcakes apparently, not because I eat lots of them!!). My burlesque name is Tracey Lovely'n'Lacey. Haha, is that enough? I could go on all night!

Why did you decide to do the 12WBT? This is my second round and I didn't achieve what I wanted to achieve, so I am doing it again this round to finish what I have started! I need the guidance and support that Michelle Bridges gives me along with the support from the Perth crew (the Perth Ghetto crew in particular!).

What are you hoping to achieve through the program? I want to get fitter and smaller! Obviously! I hope to get down to 75kg this round and be able to run the whole 1km time trial by week 12.

Why have you decided to blog about the 12WBT? What will be the main focus (eg, food, exercise, a bit of everything?) I wanted to get back into blogging again and this just seemed like a good starting point! I'll be blogging about everything I suppose, and not just about 12wbt (all 12wbt posts will be tagged if you don't want to read the other stuff!)

How will you be exercising this round? Gym, home, outdoors or a mixture? A bit of everything! Whatever will fit into my crazy busy schedule. I have been doing things that are a bit outside of the box though, such as pole dancing, burlesque amongst other things (ice skating tomorrow!)

What is your greatest strength that will help you? Wow...tough one, this round it would be my determination, I am determined to get through this and reach my goal!

What are you afraid of? I think this answer will be the same for most people. I am afraid of failing. If this doesn't work for me then I don't think anything else will. I'm trying to to think about this though. I will not let my fears get me down!

What are you looking forward to the most over the next 12 weeks? Working out with the Ghetto Crew! They are AMAZING! So supportive and the seasoned girls are so knowledgeable and heaaaaps of fun!

What is your downfall? Food? Exercise? How will you overcome this? Exercise is my downfall as I find it hard to schedule it in. The hubby works night shift so quite often he is leaving as I get home and then I have 5 kids to tend to. It makes it very difficult to get out and to the gym. I start work at 7am which doesn't help either and he works weekend(finishing at 6am most of the time!). 

I'm not 100% sure how I will overcome this because I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I think I will just have to push myself to get on the treadmill at home and not laze around and say that I am too tired. I plan to get a crosstrainer for at home too.

If you had to pick one word to motivate you over the next 12 weeks, what would you choose? Twelve. This is what size I plan to be at the end of round! lol

1 comment:

  1. I love your motivational word!! Keep that focus. You'll make it all the way to the end this round - and smash a few unexpected goals along the way x

    ReplyDelete