Sunday, January 8, 2012

Into the swing of things...

Again. Motivation has finally found me and I got back onto the treadmill last. I'm starting the Couch to 5km (C25K) program again because I never finished it last time but thought I better go back to the beginning and ease myself into it. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, the poledancing classes have kept my fitness up over the last month or so.  I hate running, but I'm determine to do this. I KNOW I can do it if I set my mind to it. I met a lovely lady at lunch yesterday who has started C25K (had her first run yesterday) and we've decided to do this together. She said I had to text her when I was done and I did. It wouldn't be right to lie about it and the only person I'm cheating is myself.

I'm ashamed to say that I gained weight after finishing Round 3 of 12WBT. I don't know what happened, the silly season was rolling in and boy did I go silly. How stupid am I? Now I have to work hard again to lose kilos that I already lost last year!! What makes matters worse is that all the weight came off my top half and it went back onto my BOTTOM half. WHY? I look ridiculous!

I need to be kept accountable and I need to use this blog to keep check on what I am doing. It starts now! The good, the bad and the down right ugly!!

Anyway, yesterday I went down to one of my local pubs and had a healthy lunch with about 30 odd 12WBT locals (We call ourselves the Perth Ghetto Crew), it was fantastic to meet with people. There was one woman who looks AMAZING and she's lost 49kg. What an inspiration! We were talking about our fat photos and how we should have them up somewhere in the house to remind us of where we were, how far we had come and what we don't want to get back to! This made me go back through some old photos and...well, have a look below...


The last photo is what I look like now. Holy shit, I have a waist again! It was taken the night the 12WBT finale on Dec 10th. The hubby and I kicked on after the finale party and I made him take a pic of me in my party dress when we got back to the hotel as I had forgotten beforehand. Oh well. I find it hard to 'see' that I'm smaller than what I was, even looking at these photos I don't feel like I look much smaller. This is why I have these photos up in my room. I hate, hate, HATE looking at them but I need to. I will never get that size again.


There's me yesterday at the Ghetto Crew lunch. Dress was a bit puffy under bust as it's getting a little loose, but it makes me look a bit bigger than what I am...oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment