We had these for dinner the other night and got a big thumbs up from Daddy right down to our youngest boy. It's very quick and easy to make - and best of all, can be premade and frozen uncooked.
Bacon and Herb Chicken Rissoles
- 500g Chicken mince
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 rashers middle bacon
- Combine mince, egg, garlic, breadcrumbs, chives, basil and half the barbecue sauce in a bowl. Shape into eight 2cm thick rissoles. Remove 'eye' piece from each bacon rasher and wrap in plastic wrap for later use. Wrap 1 tail piece around each rissole and secure with a toothpick.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Cook rissoles, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a greased baking tray. Brush with barbecue sauce. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through, basting with remaining barbecue sauce halfway through cooking.