Monday, August 23, 2010

Baby Girl Update.

So this is the youngest of our tribe. Tahnee is 14 weeks old and is the only girl that lives with us(my stepdaughter comes to stay on school holidays). She is an absolute joy at the moment. When she smiled, her whole face smiles - no matter what kind of mood you're in, one smile from her and you can't help but smile back.

Her favourite thing to do is blow big raspberries. When I put her down for the night, I lay there in the dark and listen to her blow raspberries until she falls asleep. She is so placid and only really cries when she is hungry or if she has a belly ache(and then the vomit follows).
And her hair - yes, she has some crazy crazy hair - I've been able to tie it up since she was only 9 weeks old. You would not believe the amount of people who stop me in the street and ask me if I had heartburn when I was pregnant. It just keeps growing, just like her two older brothers(but not the eldest two, they were baldies). Thankfully I don't need to cut it like I had to with the boys, instead I can put cute headbands and clippies in her hair.

She is sleeping through the night, about 10-11pm to 5-6.30am. Then has a few big sleeps during the day. Breastfeeding is going fantastic for us as well, 2kg up on her birth weight at 3 months a pretty good indication that things are going well.

Mind you, she's not perfect and there are many nights where she will scream for no good reason. Or she will be fast asleep in my arms and be wide awake as soon as I put her down. She also has a nasty habit of vomiting whilst feeding in bed. It usually means that I have to sleep in a wet spot because there is 3 of us in the bed. Projectile vomiting was pretty common in the early days, it was unbelievable the amount that she threw up, that use to come after the screaming(I put it down to a bellyache). Her fingers are her newest toys, which is wonderful seeing her trying to grab things. Not so wonderful when she gags on her own finger and vomits again. And she is growing at such a rapid rate that she has outgrown 2 sizes of clothing, it kills me that she has clothes that she never even got to wear!!

All in all, I wouldn't change anything(except perhaps the vomiting in my bed part). I love watching my children grow, especially when they are as new as little Tahnee. It just fascinates me they way they grow and learn about the world around them. And they give the best cuddles(the other kids do too but she doesn't squirm like they do!)

Oh and in case you were wondering, the heartburn thing is an old wives tale, I had hardly any!





No comments:

Post a Comment